Search Engine Marketing
What is Search Engine Marketing?
Search Engine Marketing is Internet advertising for the purpose of driving traffic to your website. It’s primarily based on Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising. With PPC, you only pay if a visitor has been driven to your site. The cost of a click is based on a bidding or flat rate system. The major providers of PPC advertising are:
- Google AdWords
- Yahoo! Search Marketing
- Microsoft AdCenter
Benefits of Search Engine Marketing
With SEM, you only pay for relevant traffic to your website… this is absolutely the main benefit. Relevancy is the key here. When a customer does not know your name, they use search engines to find services and products. If you want that customer you have to be visible as a choice on the search page. With SEM, you can be visible right at the top of the page.
With PPC you can control how you want to get found. Elements of the campaign you can control include:
- The keyword you get found with
- The geographical area you want to be found in
- The language of your Ad
- The positioning of your Ad on a given search result
- The timing of your Ad
With many other types of advertising, it’s difficult to quantify your return of investment. With SEM you are absolutely in control of the amount of business you want.
Choosing Grade A Digital As Your SEM Provider
Google, Yahoo and Microsoft allow you to create and administer your PPC campaign on your own, however, using experienced SEM experts will help to save you time and money, and maximize your return. At Grade A Digital:
- We perform in-depth keyword research so you have maximum exposure
- We research the price per click you should be paying
- We help you create effective Ads
- We can use PPC to feedback into your SEO campaign
- We take account how SEM is used in your overall marketing campaign